Are you looking for a place to sell your handmade crafts or art pieces? Look no further as Etsy is the right platform you need! Discover how to open and promote an Etsy shop!
What You Should Know about Etsy
For all those who haven’t heard about Etsy – Etsy is an online marketplace for selling handmade or vintage products. It is an amazing platform filled with people who are not only dedicated to making handmade crafts and unique products but to impeccable customer service as well.
When selling on Etsy, you are selling to the whole world. Because of the huge popularity, Etsy is well known in almost all countries around the world, which means that you can have customers from Australia and New Zealand, Russia, Greece, UK, and etc. Let’s be real – you won’t be able to attract such a huge customer base if you sell your products offline.
Besides the enormous customers base, you can meet like-minded crafters and artists as well. You can contact with the sellers, join in various groups and forums and discusshow you can improve your shop, attract more customers, or offer a better customer service. All sellers support one another in the promotion and in the sale of their products.
So, are you interested in selling your products on Etsy? Does Etsy seem like a nice place to you? If, yes, then it is time to open your Etsy shop!
How to Create Your Etsy Shop
It doesn’t matter if you heard about Etsy today or you are familiar with this platform, it is now the perfect time to create your Etsy shop and start selling your handmade products.
The first step is to set up an Etsy account. Registering on Etsy is quite easy and simple, and most importantly it’s free. All you need to do is to enter your email address, choose a username or name for your shop, and enter a password. Once you sign up, you can start designing your shop according to your preferences.
Here are a few tips that can help you:
- When setting up your shop you can choose direct payments or PayPal. It is highly recommendable to choose both and set up your PayPal account to accept the payments that come from Etsy.
- When choosing a shop name, make sure it is catchy, creative, and memorable.
- Choose a light background for your shop and don’t forget to take some great photos of your products.
- It is important to write a description about yourself, your shop, and the products you are selling. It is recommendable to start with at least 7 products.
- Check the other Etsy shops and policies in order to get examples of shipping policies, return policies, coupon code policies, and then based on them, write your own.
- Log into your profile and open your stop. The fee for listing a product is $0.20 and you need to pay an additional commission of 3.5% of each sale you make.
- Don’t forget to check the Etsy’s support groups, forums, and blogs. You can find great tips here!
How to Promote Your Etsy Shop for Free
Once you’ve opened your Etsy shop and list your products, it is really important to promote it. The best way to do it is by using the social networks. You can link your Etsy shop to a Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter account and promote your products there.
Also, you can promote your shop to your family and friends and ask them to spread the word. It is the best way to advertise your shop for free!
Other topics that you can check in: